Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review: Skin 79 Hot Pink Label BB Cream and Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (+ swatches!)

BB Creams are all the rage nowadays for their flawless cover and skin benefits. Two very popular Asian BB creams are the Skin79 Hot Pink Label and the Missha Perfect Cover. There has been questions and debates on which one works better and I'll share my opinion on both based on my experience.




First up is the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. The packaging comes in a tube form and it comes with a pump. Compared to the Skin79 BB cream, this one tends to have a thicker consistency and heavier coverage and a spf of 42 +. When first pumped out it has a normal skin colored look whereas the Skin79 BB cream has a gray hue. When first applied, it looks a little cakey and unnatural because it's lighter than your skin tone but after a few minutes it absorbs into your skin and adjusts to your skin color, giving off a very natural finish! For oil control, I'd say this product didn't do anything in making my face less oily for I have oily acne prone skin.





Next is the Skin79 Hot Pink Label BB Cream. This BB cream comes in a cylinder packaging. I LOVE this packaging because the pump is actually on the roof of the container and you just press down for the product to come out. This BB Cream claims to be triple function (whitening, UV protection, anti-wrinkle) When first pumped, it has a gray tint to it which later adjusts to your skin tone. It has a less thick consistency than the Missha one and has lighter coverage. As for oiliness, this product also didn't do much for my oily skin as I still had to blot throughout the day.








Swatches: 
 When first pumped.
Slightly blended
Fully blended


Conclusion:

I love both BB creams and I actually use them both. On days when i need heavier coverage, I use the Missha but on normal occasions, I just use the Skin79. Both are great BB creams in my opinion. Unlike western BB creams, which are more of a tinted moisturizer, I find Asian BB creams lighter with more natural coverage with many skin benefits. Both are long lasting but they're really easy to remove. Both BB creams are suitable for all skin types but if you're oily like me, it's a good idea to dust some powder to mattify your face and control oil better. I like the Skin79 one slightly better because its more natural than the Missha one and I only get blemishes once in a while. I recommend both to everyone! If you have more blemished skin, go for the Missha, if not, Skin79 is the way to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment